Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Age as a Factor in Utilization of Social Networks

Age as a Factor in Utilization of Social Networks
333 magnify
My Take


The video podcast by Rob Scoble got me thinking about FaceBook. Yeah - the site my kids use. Actually - used. One of them has cut it out of her routine as a means of simplifying. But back to the subject.

So I joined. An immediate contrast with LinkedIn is, of course, the presence of faces. When I looked up old classmates I can see their faces on FaceBook. Then I began to wonder about the adoption rate of FaceBook by my college classmates (-.10%) compared to the younger alums. So I ended up generating this distribution chart for BC grads on FaceBook aged 26 to 59.

This says it all for the power of social networks to revolutionize consumer purchasing decisions, among countless other things.

Wednesday August 29, 2007 - 02:14pm (EDT)

0 comments: