- Excerpts from PCM International’s Integrated Marketing Blog:
"In an age when search—particularly local search—is increasingly becoming the preferred solution by which consumers can find a specific product or service, it’s good to know that the Internet Yellow Pages still hold the advantage."
1. They already possess an outstanding sales force
2. They continually improve their IYP offerings
3. They offer both White and Yellow Pages
4. They enhance their IYP products so people can search either through the traditional Yellow Pages classifications or using a more local search-like approach.
5. Their tremendous opportunity for growth in the mobile devices
Are these advantages? Or vestiges?
1. The sales force is impressive in number. But in my opinion it won't be able to compete with the power of consumer involvement in an incentivized, word-of-mouth model. Plus, don't you think that the sales reps have rather "high negative" ratings for cashing in on the large ad fees they've charged small businesses over the years?
2. The Web is all about continual improvement. It is a key benefit to a decentralized structure.
3. White Pages? I have not used them since I found Yahoo.
4. See #2 above
5. See #'s 2 & 4 above.
Yikes! Do I smell desperation?
Friday September 21, 2007 - 07:54pm (EDT)
Friday, September 21, 2007
Posted by Tim Tracey at 7:54 PM